The Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) this week presented National Distance Learning Week Awards to five k-12 educators from across the nation for exemplary use of videoconferencing (IVC) and/or other synchronous communications technologies to support and advance learning. Winners were:
- Content Provider – Linda Townsend, Instructional Design Specialist, Institute for Teaching through Technology and Innovative Practices located in South Boston, Virginia, and Gail Wheatley, Content Provider from COSI, Columbus, Ohio
- Collaborative Projects – Roxanne Glaser, Educational Service Center Region 12, Waco, Texas
- Student Driven Projects – Tommy Bearden, Educational Service Center Region 14, Abilene, Texas
- Professional Development for Educators – Roxanne Glaser, Educational Service Center Region 12, Waco Texas
- Student Programs for Education (Not-for-Profit) – Shane Howard, Educational Service Center Region 12, Waco, Texas
- Support Programs for Education (For Profit) – winner: Cheryl Henshaw, TANDBERG; runner-up: AT&T, KNE Collaborations Collage
Read more. Congratulations to all the winners and everyone who provides great educational experiences.